Tuesday, May 18, 2010

21 Day Eating Challenge





-The woman responsible for the 21 day transformation - I'll post up her details soon, this diet is part of her ebook




It's been 273 days since my 30th Birthday and 180 Days since moving to Melbourne. The combination of these two significant numbers, I believe have slowly but surely contributed to a not so bad, but definitely slightly obvious spread around my mid section.

Here's the break down...

Turning 30, I've noticed my metabolism has slowed down a lil and I can't really afford to eat as much as I use to. For those of you who know me or have the pleasure :) of having a meal or two with me know I eat enough to be able to feed a family of 6 in one sitting.

I was able to justify this with an active work life (teaching classes and personal training) and a lot of nervous energy (I always like to be on the move and would run frequently).

Melbourne, Melbourne, Melbourne!! Everyone who has been to or lived in Melbourne would be able to vouch for me when I say that your social life revolves around, funky bars tempting you with amazing cocktails, wine and champaign. This is all coupled with...

Restaurants that will leave your taste buds dancing from one place to another, Lets go for a nice breaky, how about yum cha for lunch, a nice lite (yeah right) Italian/Greek/Moroccan/Indian/Japanese/Thai (well maybe not the last one, if anyone know's of a good cheap thai place here do let me know) for dinner or have you tried these amazing South Melbourne Dim Sims, one bite and you'll get addicted.

Amazing Friends and friendly people to make sure that your social calender involves these things pretty much 5 or 6 days a week. Not to forget the cute guys in their early 20's who have youth on their side that make me feel like the SHORT, FAT, UGLY, OLDER sister!

Now are you getting picture? Enough is Enough, and now that I'm settled, I've decided to make few changes..

Only a few days ago, I completed my first 1/2 Marathon at the Great Ocean Road with my little mate Matty. To celebrate, we had fish and chips and a beer! The perfect pat on the back for a job well done and my decision to embark on a 21 Day Eating Challenge! I want my baby abs back and it all starts now!! Well 2 and a bit days ago (Monday 17/05/2010)...




1 comment: