Friday, May 21, 2010

DAY FIVE


We're up to date and you will now get daily updates as they happen!

Last night I had decided that instead of getting my progress tracked on the Monday, I would do them this morning, I felt great, I felt slimmer, but to what extent I have no idea! I'm giving myself the day off the eating plan tomorrow as I have farewell drinks from leaving my previous work place. One day of indulgence a week will at least keep me sane, keep me motivated and give me something to look forward to.

So as I woke up this morning at 5.30am, I did my normal breakfast routine of porridge, tea, egg whites, make my bed and as I was in the bathroom about to jump in the shower when... HELLO! where have you been hiding? I saw glimpses of my baby abs both upper and lower starting to take shape, so I got my trusty iPhone and took my 2nd shot of my mid section since I started on Monday.

This put me in good steed for my morning trip to work on the 642 (642am bus). It didn't even bother me that I had AGAIN forgotten my Apple in the fridge... I'll just treat myself to a grapefruit from the supermarket after my facial (My girl Aubrey is studying beauty and I've put my hand up to be a willing guinea pig).
Anyway lets not get lost rambling.. I danced my way, earphones in check to the gym and showed Mariya my photo, we took another one from her phone and updated my stats. Mainly good results but the one unfortunate one. Lets see and we can discuss:

Stats as of 21-05-2010

Date

17 May 2010

21 May 2010

Weight

72.4

69.9

B Fat

8%

7.5%

Muscle

63.3

61.5

V fat

1

1

Waist

75/29.5inch

71/27.95inch


Ok I've lost about 3kg and below 70 for the first time since I was at my best in Italy! Pretty much my ideal.. maybe 1 more kg.

Dropped .5% Body Fat; my goal is 6%

The bad part = I lost 1.8% muscle mass.. That could be the weight loss as muscle weights more than fat, however, I have noticed fat around my mid section gone! This maybe the result of the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday and also the fact that I have been too sore to do any form of exercise/weights since. I'll try my best to build that back next week.

Visceral Fat is still at 1 which is the lowest rating it can be.

Waist, I
lost 1.55 inches around my waist. I'm very happy about this.

Overall I couldn't wish for a better result. It actually shocked me with how much this diet had worked and how great I feel about being on it. 5 days in, who would have thought?

My morning snack was a juicy big red grapefruit as I had mentioned earlier.

Lunch time was a little later than planned, but I had the best egg white tuna omelette I've made since Monday. :) with green beans and again lots of tea.

I invited Damo over for dinner again and I was feeling a lil creative. I got him to meet me at the Village and I made a Chicken, mushroom, Broccoli and string bean stir fry with onions and garlic a hint of rosemary and lemon. Of course I added chilli to mine :)

Dinner was so tasty that I can see myself doing this for the long run. Who know's I may even experiment and add splashes of red for colour. I'll run it by Mariya!

A very happy Mark who is looking forward to his treat tomorrow night, I'll keep you updated on how that goes as well. Stay tuned till then.

**** Marky Mark is getting his groove back much quicker than expected!****

1 comment:

  1. I want to come over for a healthy dinner.... no wine :) I'm getting fatter and need to do something!!!!

    ReplyDelete